Friday, March 9, 2012

hiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

Thought I'd say hi since I haven't really been in the blog world lately. I don't have a lot of energy at all, but God is good and I am so thankful to have my loving hubby and family, a roof over our heads, and all of our needs met daily! That being said, we would love any prayer we can get for my husband's chronic, almost daily migraines, and my issues with Crohn's (and all that goes with it), my back problems, and my sleeping/fatigue problems. We're having an especially difficult time finding and treating Alex's migraines. They seem to stem from his neck pains and he always gets them after sleeping, in the early morning. We've literally tried everything we know, but we know that God has all the answers and we're asking Him to give us wisdom and guidance in our health issues, and also in our finances. There is so much to write about, but so little motivation, lol.

On another note, if you haven't seen this already (which I'm sure most of you have), please watch this video. I care deeply about the people affected by this and pray that God's justice will be poured out!



Here's a small survey that looked like fun to fill out. I don't really keep in contact with blog friends anymore but I hope anyone who reads this will say hi; I would love to catch up with you and your blogs when I have some more energy!


1. If you could take your family and friends with you and move anywhere in the United States, where would you move?
I haven’t been many places, but I loved San Diego so much when we went for our honeymoon (over  5 years ago now!) I love the weather and the beach. So I’d have to choose San Diego or possibly somewhere in Oahu, Hawaii.

2. If you could have any talent, what would it be?
Hmmm… a talent that I don’t have that I want… I’d like to wake up and automatically be able to play whatever instrument I want! And play the piano better too!

3. What was your AIM screen name?
SpecialGirl101… hahaha... well, that was my longest-running one.  It was from my favorite song at the time, “Girl” by O-Town; my taste in music has definitely changed!

4. Other than your wedding or the birth of a child, what event in your life would you like to relive if you were given the chance?
That’s too easy, our honeymoon! It was just so much fun and we were healthy and happy and got to do so many awesome things and just be together! J

5. What has been the biggest surprise in your life? (This doesn't have to be deep. Just a fun surprise!)
What comes to mind is the fact that I met my husband in my hometown; I always thought I’d have to go away to college to find “the one”, especially since there are sure SLIM PICKINS where I live! Little did I know he was a friend of a friend and we had probably been in the same place at the same time at least once before we actually met…. Mysterious!

6. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Well, “morning” for me is afternoon, because I have a bunch of fatigue/sleeping issues right now. When I do have energy to get ready, I have to go very slow because of no energy and it usually takes me around an hour-and-a-half.


7. What is the last book you read?
“A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty” by Joni Eareckson Tada


8. What is your favorite room in your house and why?
I would say our living room, because it has our comfy couches and our awesome flat-screen tv and my hubby and I like to watch our favorite tv shows together since we don’t have much energy most of the time.

9. If you could do it again, what is something you would change about your wedding?
Ummm I would’ve had our pastor at the time make our ceremony a little bit more personal like telling the story of how we met and our relationship, etc. and just  little things like making sure I got more pictures with my bridesmaids since a couple of them showed up with their dresses completely wrinkled and it was a disaster! Other than that it was the best day of my life and I wouldn’t change the way I felt on that day for anything in the world!

10. What is your favorite non-reality show?
Modern Family, Up All Night, White Collar, The Office, and Parks & Rec! They all tie! Oh, Grimm and Person of Interest too!

11. What is your favorite vacation spot (a place you've already been before) and why?
I love all of our family trips to Laguna Beach and SoCal at my grandparents’ house, but my favorite has to be our honeymoon in San Diego, I love that city! I also love our summer weekends at Lake Siskiyou, right at the base of Mt. Shasta, so beautiful and all of the camping fun but with a beautiful cabin to stay in at night! J

3 comments:

Allie @ Between Dreams said...

Thought I'd pop over, check out your blog, and say hello!

Cutest blog name ever!!! :)

Brhea said...

I hope things turn around for you - I hear ya, sometimes life can throw you some bumps, for sure!

I am excited to be your newest blog follower

grey rose (they/them) said...

loved the survey!
oh, AIM. haha!
i think my name was sweeterrain :)

praying for you!