Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Post

Hey all you people out there in BloggerLand! Or is it Bloggerville? Blogtown? As you may see, I am very new to this "blogging" thing. But, I got hooked once I started reading so many interesting, cute, funny, and encouraging blogs from different women near and far. So, I am attempting to put one together myself so I can share in the fun! I will keep this short since this is my first post.

Today was rough, I will be honest and say that the last few months have been challenging for my husband Alex and me. We've been battling lots of health issues lately. He is fighting chronic migraines, and I have been dealing with various issues, the foremost being my crohn's disease, my back problems, and chronic kidney stones (and of course my kidneys decided to start passing one today... BOO kidney stones!) Whoever said passing kidney stones are as painful as childbirth, well, I wouldn't know because I haven't given birth, but if anyone has had both, let me know! Then I can say I've pretty much given birth over 15 times! haha.

Well, I must go take a late shower, but I hope to figure out how to improve the look of my little nest on this big space of the web, so if you have any advice, please, please write me a comment or e-mail me and let me know! Thanks everyone!

~Melissa

9 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Yay, Melissa! Welcome to blogland! Well, you've been here for awhile, but now you have your own place to call home, and it seems very cozy indeed :)

Hmmm...advice. I'm horrible on the technical side with layout and design and whatever else. (I do love clean, white space, though, so it looks good so far!) My best advice is just to write like you're having a conversation with a friend!

(That's what we'll be, after all :))

Seek First said...

Cute blog! Thanks for your comment over on mine. As far as advice..I am still pretty new to "blogland", but I would say the best thing I have learned is to network. Leave comments on other blogs; that's how you find friends and people to connect with! And keep learning. I am learning more about html and all that jazz daily, it seems! Good luck!

grey rose (they/them) said...

so sorry to hear about your health troubles! bless your hearts! praying for relief for you both asap!

so thrilled you started a blog, girl! looking forward to learning more about you! xoxo

{cuppakim} said...

Woo, welcome to the bloggy world! Hannah linked me up! :) I think you will LOVE it here!!!

And I haven't had kidney stones - but I have heard that same thing said! I HAVE had gall stones (and my gallbladder removed) and have heard that it is as painful as childbirth as well - which I also haven't done - but I had three attacks - so three births?!?

I actually think if that was as bad as child birth is, I will have no problem....I have a feeling it is much worse. And that kidney stones are too.

But once again, welcome! :)

Kelly said...

Welcome to blog land. I found you through the fabulous hannah. cant wait to learn more about you.
xxO
kelly @ fly with me
demasu.blogspot.com

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Oh girl, we could have coffee and chat forever. I have lupus and chronic migraines. Email me and let's chat. I have finally found something to get my daily migraines under control. My husband had stage 3 melanoma and my son has Asperger's Syndrome, so I know what it is like to feel overwhelmed by health issues! Hannah sent me you way. So glad she did. : )

Laura said...

Sorry you have Crohn's - I know what living with an autoimmune issue is like - I'll be keeping up with your blog - heard about you via Hannah!

Melissa M. said...

What a delight to check my e-mail today and see all your comments! Thanks to Hannah for sending some new friends my way! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cuppakim- I am laughing about us counting all of our "births"! At least we're laughing and not crying, right?! I hope childbirth is less painful than these stones too...

katie- we will definitely be in contact! It's nice to know we're not the only ones having a hard time. I will be e-mailing you soon!

Jami said...

Praying for your health issues. That can be very difficult! Welcome to blog land. I'm a friend of Hannah's. Happy to meet you!