Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer "Daycation" (part 1)

Last Monday, the hubster and I decided to take a "daycation" down to Sacramento, CA to have some fun. One reason we wanted to do this was that my family was going on their yearly summer trip down to Southern California, and we weren't able to join them this year due to our health issues. (Bummer, but we will make up for it when we get better!) Another reason was that we needed to get out of the house and have some fun together! So we opted for a day out of town doing the things we love to do: driving, walking around/shopping in Old Town (there are some really fun stores there!), getting Starbucks frappuccino's, going to the movies to see Harry Potter, and eating Dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.  Here is are some pictures from Part 1 of our fantastic day!



                                           The candy store we went to.
 The hubster, picking out his favorite candy, gummies :-)
Salt-water taffy. And lots of it.
 Some of the beautiful old buildings in "Old Town Sacramento".
 ... more buildings...
 Horse & carriage!
Mr. (or Mrs., I didn't check) Horse, and the "driver". I love horsies.


Stay tuned for Part 2 of our little adventure! I better get to bed, as it is almost 2 a.m. and I have to get up at 6:45 a.m. to get ready for church and singing/playing piano on our worship team. Hope my hubby gets me some type of caffeinated beverage in the morning, or I might be falling asleep right in the middle of a worship song! haha... Oh, and I tried to make the pictures a little bigger, but then they didn't fit inside the darn lines of the center of my blog, so I had to size them back down. :-( , someday I'll get the hang of this blog design stuff!

7 comments:

{cuppakim} said...

old town sacramento is so fun. i loved going there as a kid, and to the old fashioned schoolhouse.

actually. that's the only place i wanted to go. i never wanted to leave that school house. i wished i went to school there. :) reminded me of the one in dr. quinn medicine woman!

your pics seem like a great size! :)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I am so in love with old town pics. I have a strange affection for general stores and life in the "olden" days. : ) I am glad you guys were able to get out and have some fun. I hope it provided you a much needed distraction from all the yucky health issues.

MellyB said...

I love old Sacramento, but haven't been in years. Now I have renewed desire to drive over the hill and stop before I get to the ocean. Looks fun!

Emily said...

I'll email you the way to make your pictures bigger. It took me a bit to learn too but it's super easy when you get the hang of it. :)

I stayed in Old Sac once and thought it was so pretty there. Glad you had a good time there. Salt water taffy is so yum!

Young People in Love said...

What a fun idea! Makes me wanna ride in a carriage and have a little candy-filled staycation, too! :)

grey rose (they/them) said...

this looks like such a fun place to visit!! love all the photos!

xo

c.w.frosting said...

How fun & that taffy is making me drool! Thanks for visiting & following me!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting